At Cooper Barton Ltd we believe that a well-trained, impartial and confident clerk, working with the Chair and school leaders, is vital to allow governing boards to make the best use of their valuable time and to carry out their role effectively.
For governing boards that subscribe to our clerking service we provide:
- An initial diagnostic meeting with the headteacher and Chair, to discuss the board’s current arrangements and make recommendations about any ‘quick wins’ which will improve the board’s functioning.
- Access to GovernorHub – a web-based platform which manages all the governing board’s key information and allows governors to communicate securely with other board members. GovernorHub also offers a governing board health check – all governors can be asked to complete this online to provide the governing body with a broad overview of how well it’s currently operating.
- Professional governance advice and support for the Chair, Headteacher/Principal and governors throughout the academic year
- Clerking of governing board, committee and specialist panel meetings.
Support for Independent clerks
- Professional governance advice and support for independent and school-based clerks
- Termly agenda, clerks’ notes and draft minutes
- Termly half-day briefing and training session
- Bespoke training for groups of clerks